Friday, May 5, 2017

Special shout-outs to people helping animals!

I want to start by giving shout-outs to everyone who is collecting donations like toys, treats, food, blankets, or towels for their local pounds and shelters! To learn more about holding a collection drive, read my blog post "Help animals in your community by planning a spring collection drive!" or visit CT.KidGovernor.org/collection-drives.

Reading through messages left for me by students and adults in my office at the Old State House!


I would also like to give shout-outs to those who have recently visited my Kid Governor Office at Connecticut's Old State House. Students and visitors have participated in my "Helping Animals" activity by writing what they can do to help animals on paper animal cut outs. Special shout outs to:
  • Sofia Merino who said, “Less cages more freedom." How inspiring!
  • Jayla from Manchester who said she could hold a can drive. Really cool!
  • Angelica said to “treat them like family." That's very nice!
  • Camila said to “put a container with water in the streets for the stray dogs." That is very thoughtful! 

A few of the animal cut-outs left behind by visitors to my office. Read them for more ideas on how you can help animals, those without a voice!

Thank you everyone for giving great ideas about what we can do to help animals. Thank you all for all of your support. I really appreciate it!

Your Kid Governor,

No comments:

Post a Comment