Wednesday, May 16, 2018

May Update from 2017 CTKG Jessica

Hello Everyone!

This month has been lots of fun. I have been helping some of my teachers with things in school. I am also still working with my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Stuart, on our proposal for getting therapy dogs into the Milford Public School District. You can read about our work so far in my last blog post. So far, we are doing great!

Did you know that therapy dogs can solve lots of problems that are physical, mental, social, emotional, and they can even help with health! They can do all of this while looking adorable. Did you know that 44% of kids from the ages eight to eighteen have trouble sleeping caused by stress? Well dogs can help with these problems. They are able to help teens and kids calm down and focus. Dogs are very powerful when it comes to helping.



I'm also looking out for some people doing great deeds for animals. One lady named Alice creates items for the animal shelter to give to the animals. She makes dog toys, cat toys, rabbit toys, and even bird toys. She is definitely making animals happy!

If you would like to hear you or a friend in a shout out like this, email me the great things you or others are doing for animals at CKGJessica@kidgovernor.org!

Remember to help animals, those without a voice!

Have a great day,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment